Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 19, 2010

Getting Closer by the Day

Well, I am almost 31 weeks along now, which means we will be in single digits in the amount of weeks til Lil' Bit gets here! I am so thankful for the 9 days I am about to have off of work. Being pregnant really does wear you out. A lot has happened since the last time I wrote. We had our church shower and my work shower, where we received oodles of precious gifts for Miss Kelsi. I haven't gotten it all organized just yet, but I plan to work on it while I am off next week. We have also been taking our birthing classes. Our last one is this Monday. The highlights were seeing a video of an actual birth and visiting the hospital to see the room where we will deliver and how all of that will work.

I am feeling Kelsi move all the time now. I never really felt the butterfly movements that a lot of women describe, or at least I didn't recognize them. Dr. Marnio told me not to worry that around 28 weeks I should start feeling movements that were more like kicks. He was right! Probably around that time I started to feel little kicks, and now she's going at it all the time. I love it though because it helps me to rest assured that she is doing just fine. I love to lay around and feel her kicking. There have been times where I have seen her kick through my belly- pretty neat! The last time we were at the doctor I was reading a magazine and had it propped on my belly. She kicked me hard and it made the magazine jump!

The last time we went to the doctor she measured 2 cm ahead. I still haven't gained any weight, with 2 months to go! That is a miracle within itself! We are going to the doctor every 2 weeks now and go again this Monday. Dr. Marino said he thinks she will be a big baby. I am hoping she won't be as big as me at 10lbs 4 1/2 oz, 23 in long! I am glad Thanksgiving is right around the corner, then Christmas, then baby! Life is so exciting right now and we are so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment